Sunday, June 05, 2005

Odds and Ends

According to the Bedford Minuteman local towns are still concerned about the outcome of Hanscom AFB. I realize that there will be regional meetings that the BRAC commission will be holding this Summer and that they will be in the Boston area on July 6th but I didn’t think that there is still a chance that the Base could be close. I was more under the impression that Otis Air National Guard Base would be fighting for its life. Any information people have would be greatly appreciated.

Freedom Estates, which is creating Prescott Farms, has asked for the “release” of 19 lots on their new Liberty Road. They have already put up a couple of homes all in the $800,000 price range along the end of South Road. Not exactly sure what the “release” means, if anyone could educate me on this I’d appreciate it.

As far as I know the design of the Blue Ribbon Dairy site is still a bit up in the air. The planning board is still push for all parking in the rear while the developers want parking in both the front and the rear. I have not heard much about Avalon Bay recently. There has been nothing new on Citizen for a Safe Bedford in quite a long time while Avalon Bay’s development is going up extremely fast. The Bedford location is still not mentioned on their web site. There is still talk about “Industrial Mixed Use” at 180-184 Hartwell, the Raytheon Facility Site, by National Development but I do not know what their plans are. There is also the question of the contaminated soil that is there and who would be paying for clean-up. Lastly, there is still work being done on the Depot Park but I’m not exactly sure what they are doing. All I know is that over the next week they plan on repaving and putting in granite curb stones at the intersection of South and Loomis.

As always any information you can provide, comments, or suggestions are very welcome.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,